“Integration of the State Border Guard Automatic Fingerprint Identification System (VRS AFIS) with the Biometric Data Processing System (BDAS) maintained by the Information Centre ”
The Information Centre of the Ministry of the Interior (IC IeM) in co-operation with the State Border Guard (SBG) implements the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund 2014-2020 national program project “Integration of the State Border Guard Automatic Fingerprint Identification System (VRS AFIS) with the Biometric Data Processing System (BDAS) maintained by the Information Centre” (hereinafter - the Project) in the framework of the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund 2014-2020 national programme.
Project goal: to improve the technical solutions of border security by promoting the processing of biometric data in the European Union in accordance with today's geopolitical challenges and security situation.
Project implementation period: 01.06.2016 – 31.12.2017.
Funding: EUR 703,823 (of which financed from the Fund: EUR 527,867, state budget: EUR 175,956).
- Development of technical specifications;
- Realization of claims;
- Implementation of the solution;
- Purchase and installation of equipment for work with BDAS system in VRS facilities, Stat Border Guard College and Information Centre.
Results to be achieved in the project:
- the Software Requirements Specification (SRS) and the Software Design Description (SDD) have been developed, which determine the requirements for the Biometric Data Processing System technological platform;
- software solution (Biometric data processing system software version) has been developed;
- data from VRS AFIS to BDAS technology platform has been migrated;
- interface with NVIS has been developed;
- data re-use is ensured;
- law enforcement authorities are able to access the historic VRS AFIS data migrated to the Biometric Data Processing System technological platform and the newly acquired biometric data.
Tel. +371 67208643